Friday 29 June 2012

Friday pickings and hungry gap


Picked
  • lots of lemons
  • 1 lonely lime
  • a handful of snow peas
  • 1 cauliflower
The produce is getting a little thin right now.  All the broccoli have been taken out cause they had stopped producing side shoots. The caulis and cabbage are at their end too and are on the smallish side (see Whiptail, shade and cute veggies).

There are some snow peas yet to come and another lot of seeds has just gone in the ground, but I will have a considerable gap in my supply of those greens.


I do have a pile of rocket ready to eat and a few fennel a few weeks off, but the beds are consequently pretty empty and ready for another planting.


Last week I started raising some red bok choi and despite the fact that it rained most of the week, they have already come up (just their baby leaves).

But the lemons just keep on coming... maybe a Lemon Delicious pudding this weekend? Another bottle of Lemonade / lemon cordial?

4 comments:

  1. Your cauli look just perfect - mine still aren't developed yet but already I can see those annoying little brown dots on them, well on most of them anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are small but perfect... But I am interested in your 'brown spots'. is this a cauli condition that I don't know about? After being a whiptail 'expert' I am intrigues to know of other cauli perils.

      We ate this little fella tonight as part of dinner, just steamed with lemon juice and pepper and it was heavenly.

      Delete
  2. Your cauliflower looks picture perfect, so white. The snow peas look really pretty. Hope you get a good harvest. All the best, Kelli, Northern Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Kelli, I really love cauli, both to grow and to eat. They are gorgeously white, I think it is because the leaves have blanched them. I will have to check out your patch too. It's nice to see what's happening in summer when we are in winter, it inspires the planning for spring.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...