I am dreaming… but if I had more space I’d grow:
- Tamarillo - tastes like a curious combination of tomatoes and passionfruit with beautiful egg-shaped dark red fruit
- Passionfruit - these straight from your vine are juicier and more fragrant than the shop bought ones but they take up so much room and you have to have the right spot
- Different citrus – citrus grow well in Sydney, I have lemons and limes, but what about a really tart mandarin or a grapefruit or a blood orange?
- More zucchinis, beans, cucumber, tomatoes – “but don’t you have trouble dealing with the glut”, you ask? “Yes”, she says, but if I staggered the planting then I could extend the season and avoid the hungry gap between picking all the summer produce and getting the autumn glut, and I could also stagger the broccoli, cabbage, snow peas, cauliflower (and I could give up work and..., and...)
If I could access them I’d grow:
- Padron - I’ve talked about those ( see padron and other unattainables), going into more detail about my love for the pardon will just make me crave them more
- Finger limes - ditto with above. I fancy Sydney rock oysters with just a few finger lime pearls to garnish
If I could get them to grow, I’d grow:
- Soybeans - for that lovely Japanese snack – sticky steamed pods
- Better garlic - I had a bit of success this last year, I got some decent sized bulbs and am still using them, but bigger bulbs would make the home-grown ones easier to use. My little ones still make it easier to grab the big fat shop-bought ones because they are easier to peel.
AND now you are ABLE to comment! In my incompetence I had set the blog up restricting comments. That is all fixed now and open to all. I am learning!