Saturday 21 January 2012

Padron and other unattainables


Picked:
  • a punnet of tomatoes
  • 2 zucchinis
  • 5 eggplants
  • oregano
  • chives
Well the seeds I scrapped out of the padron I bought at Everleigh Market and tried to raise?  Third attempt and still haven't managed to get them out of the soil.  I am so dissapointed!

I would so like to grow my own padron.  I fell in love with them in when I first had them in tapas bars in Spain. Love at first bite! They are chubby little green chillies that can be mild and sweet lulling you into a false sense of confidence and then, WAM, you get a hot one!  They are typically lightly fried until their skins peel back, tossed with sea salt and served with drinks (nice with a fino).

I have never seen them in seed catalogues or at the nursery or in the green grocer  - just at a stall at Everleigh Markets.

Does anyone have any plants growing? Willing to share some seeds?

And while we are on the hunt.... does any one know where I can buy a finger lime plant in Sydney?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...