It is also producing its first fruit of the season. This has got me thinking of when I have a glut - what will I make? Some of my favourite dishes are the first on the list of must makes:
|Char-grilled zucchini and mozzarella piadine|
- Roast zucchini, tomato and oregano - this is Gourmet Traveller recipe - it is already in my recipe list. Adding the zucchini towards the end of the cooking really makes this - the zucchini needs to stay firm to be nice. That as well as the vinegar and the fresh oregano. The original includes stuffed flowers but I am afraid I have never had the patience to do this, have you?
|Roast zucchini, tomato and oregano|
- Zucchini and dill fritters with whipped fetta - I love this, it is (again) a Gourmet Traveller recipe and a version of it is also already in my recipe list. You really have to make it with the buttermilk suggested in the recipe - it makes a difference.
- Char-grilled zucchini and mozzarella piadine - I loved this last summer. Again, its a Gourmet Traveller recipe my version of which appears in my recipe index. ( I promise, I am not paid by GT!). This is one of those recipes that you can make ahead and keep in the fridge and bring out on those hot afternoons when you want something refreshing to snack on.
|Zucchini and dill fritters|
- Zucchini and feta tart with roasted cherry tomatoes - not sure where I got this recipe from - it's cut from some publication or another. It's a basic put stuff on top of puff pastry yummy, quick and easy thing. It also includes a lot of dill. I will post it when I make it.
- Zucchini and mint soup - This is from the Annual Gourmet Traveller for 2012. It has loads of mint and uses a kilo of zucchini - a glut buster.
|Zucchini and mint soup|