Thursday 4 October 2012

Citrus and capsicum aprons

We have just had a long weekend  and much of that free Monday was spent sewing on the back balcony in the sun. It's my favourite place to sew.

Here is my produce. I made two more pinafore aprons using fruit and vegetable themed fabric.


 This one is my favourite I think.  It has lemons, limes and oranges on it and lots of citrus flowers. It has a contrasting neck piece and bias binding binds all edges.  I love the big pockets. I think this one is my favourite cause I love both citrus and green.


The other apron is of a tumble of capsicums in four different colours.


This apron is the same design with contrasting neck piece and pockets and lots of lots of bias as well.


I think these will go into my shop Cumquat. But they might end up as Christmas gifts....

I am contributing this post to My Creative Space. Take a look at what others have been creating this week.

13 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous! Would you consider taking orders???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bek, you betcha! Perhaps chatting by email? My email address is in the header. And, would you like some of the poppy seeds I mentioned in an earlier blog?

      Delete
    2. Sounds like a plan! I will definitely be in touch.

      Delete
    3. Just thought I'd let you know in case you were still interested. I have sold the capsicum, tomato and citrus ones already - they have gone to a good home in NZ. I still have the carrot one available and I have more material for carrot, capsicum, a brown onion version, a corn version and have ordered material for a green bean version (which is pretty wild!)and a garlic version.

      When I make them they are all one offs, so even if there are two capsicum aprons out there ( for instance), they will have different contrasting materials and bias.

      I'd be happy to send you some poppy seeds but have mislaid your address! Email me again with your details - email in profile - and I will send some poppy seeds as soon as I get back from China.

      Delete
  2. These are awesome aprons!! Love the style and fabrics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suz, they are a little retro aren't they but also so bright and bold. They are fun to make.

      Delete
  3. Lovely! And I think the produce themes are great. I'm so not a 'dressmaker' but I used to enjoy dabbling in patchwork from time to time and would like to again - one day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you should. I find sewing part of a whole stress release and creativity thing that gardening is part of too. We all find our own ways of de-stressing. Some people fly into rages over their sewing machines, I have always found relaxation. I can imagine that finding the right fabric combination in patchwork is a revelation.

      Delete
  4. I love a good pinnie! I wear some of my grannies and my mums around the house - and pockets are essential. Although I think I'd be tempted to leave the house in these ones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely that you wear the pinnies that your mum and grans did. What a heritage of food those aprons must have seen. Do you feel their cooking expertise when wearing them? I think I could wear a summer dress made of the citrus fabric - thanks for the idea, I might take that project on.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...