|Today's seeds... note the daggy gardeners cold morning footwear.|
Now that bed space has been liberated by the cauliflowers finishing, I need to get things in.
Today I'm planting:
- Radish - Scarlet Globe. Is it possible to have summer without radish? And when it is such a quick cropper it makes you feel that you are some damn fabulous gardener.
- Rocket - Pronto. The name says it all really. When in need for a quick crop, plant rocket, pronto!
- Basil - Sweet Genovese. I need home-made pesto. Yes, it's a need... Better get a few punnets going for planting into larger pots later. I started some earlier in the season but it has still been quite cold here in the mornings and I suspect the weather has not really suited them so far.
- Beans - Kentucky Wonder. The lovely Nina sent me Kentucky Wonder seeds months ago now. I got excited and put them all in. They were growing beautifully and then, a frost wiped them out - all of them. Kindly Nina send me another stash! I'd better make these ones work, hopefully the frosts are over now.
- Beetroot - Crimson Globe. Beetroot salad with feta and pomegranate molasses, pickled beets, roasted beets... quick get the seeds in the ground.
- Fennel - Florence. Tough cookies with such lovely foliage making the bed so pretty. These are going in today too.
What are you putting in?
I am contributing this to L@500m2's series on Succession Planting. Hopefully that will mean that Tuesdays will always jog me to see what needs raising.